In a warriors fangame would you prefer original or fan clans Jan 14, 2021 4:55:07 GMT -5
Post by redstar on Jan 14, 2021 4:55:07 GMT -5
Hi, I exist. Active? Who's that? never met her.
THAT'S IRRELEVANT THOUGH, the point of this is that I'm making a warriors fangame (maybe) and I want to know what you'd prefer to see in one, in terms of the clans and territories.
Would you prefer:
1. Having the original 4 clans in either the Lake or Forest territories
2. Having the original 4 clans but in new/made-up territory
3. Or having 4 fan-made clans in new territory?
(Pros and cons for all options)
1. ORIGINAL 4, BOOK TERRITORIES
- More recognizable for fans of the books.
- Easier to navigate map for those used to the book territories.
- Less work designing clans or territories.
- Might be more confusing to people who haven't read the books.
- More basic. There are already a lot of fangames in these territories.
2. ORIGINAL 4, NEW TERRITORIES
- Clans more recognizable for fans of the books.
- More original, but still simple as the territories would be similar to the book ones.
- Less work designing clans.
- Readers of the books may be confused to have the same clans but new territories.
- More work designing new territories.
- Might need more sprites/artwork for more unique objects/fauna/etc.
3. FAN-MADE 4, NEW TERRITORIES
- More unique and fresh.
- Easier for people who haven't read the books to play. (Though I doubt that'd happen much.)
- Possibilities for more interesting game play and mechanics.
- Takes longer to think of, more work designing 4 whole new clans and new territories.
- Might need a wider range of sprites/artwork for more unique objects/fauna/etc, taking longer.
- The more unique, the more mechanics it will have and the harder to make.
So, what do you think? Vote in the poll above, or suggest something entirely new in the replies. This will end on the 28th, so that's 2 weeks, I think, BUT it is highly likely I'll choose to end the poll sooner. Uh that's all, hope this is the right board and stuff. And also - I'd love to hear why you chose what you did, so if you'd like to reply with that I'd appreciate it.
K that's all, byee